Since the early 1990s, I've pursued freelance writing and cartography, mainly for games. The vast majority of my work has been for the various editions of the Star Wars Roleplaying and Miniatures games (West End Games, Wizards of the Coast and now Fantasy Flight Games) and Dungeons and Dragons. I continue to pursue freelance work within and outside of the games industry.
Fantasy Flight Games
Star Wars: Force and Destiny Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook (3Q 2015 release) 2014 Golden Geek Award Nominee for RPG Game of the Year.
Star Wars: Edge of the Empire: Lords of Nal Hutta, A Sourcebook for Hutt Space (Now Released! Chapter 1)
Star Wars: Age of Rebellion: Stay on Target, A Sourcebook for Aces (Introduction & short story, part of Chapter 3)
Star Wars: Force and Destiny Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook Beta (Beta Released, GM chapter)
Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook (Introduction & short story, Galaxy chapter, Rebellion chapter, carryover text in the GM chapter from Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook) 2014 Golden Geek Award Nominee for Best Art/Presentation.
Star Wars Edge of the Empire: Dangerous Covenants, A Sourcebook for Hired Guns (Vehicles, Vehicle Weapons and Chapter 3 Action and Adventure)
Star Wars Edge of the Empire: Beyond the Rim Adventure Module (designer/writer/developer) 2013 Golden Geek Award Nominee for RPG Best Supplement.
Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook (Read This First insert, GM Chapter, Galaxy Chapter (except Planets)) 2013 UK Games Expo Award winner for Best Roleplaying Game; 2013 Golden Geek Award Nominee for RPG Game of the Year. 2013 Golden Geek Award winner for Best Art/Presentation.
Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook Beta (GM Chapter, adventure)
Wizards of the Coast
For Dungeons & Dragons (5th Edition) Roleplaying Game
D&D Adventurers League:
For Dungeons & Dragons (4th Edition) Roleplaying Game
- Monster Vault: Threats to the Nentir Vale, 2012 Silver ENnie Award Winner for Best Monster/Adversary
D&D Insider (Dragon and Dungeon Magazines)
- History Check: Martek and the Desert of Desoloation, article, Dragon #424
- History Check: The Blood War, article, Dragon #417
- History Check: Strahd and van Richten, article, Dragon #416
- What's Up in Downshadow? adventure, Dungeon #204
- Hunt for the Heretic adventure, Dungeon #203
- History Check: Rary the Traitor article, Dragon #405
- Battle of the Witchlight Hermitage adventure, Dungeon #191
- Chaos Scar: Scarblade adventure, Dungeon #189
For Star Wars Saga Edition Roleplaying Game
- The Unknown Regions
- Scavenger's Guide to Droids
- Rebellion Era Campaign Guide, 2010 ENnie Award Nominee for Best (RPG) Supplement
- Legacy Era Campaign Guide
- Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide, 2009 Origins Award Nominee for Best RPG Supplement
- The Force Unleashed Campaign Guide
Website RPG items:
- Iridonian Darkness Star Wars adventure for Knights of the Old Republic
- Power Beyond Belief Star Wars article for Knights of the Old Republic
- Dawn of Defiance #6: Core of Corruption Star Wars adventure
For Star Wars Miniatures game products:
- Attack on Endor Scenario Pack
Star Wars Miniatures scenarios and previews at the Wizards of the Coast Star Wars products page.
- Over 40 Star Wars Miniatures scenarios (complete list and links)
- Dozens of previews that often included RPG stats as well as insight into upcoming minis.
For Dungeons and Dragons 3.5 edition
- Monster Manual V (contributor)
For Star Wars Roleplaying Game (d20 system Original and Revised Core Rules)
- Talnar's Rescue adventure for Star Wars Gamer magazine issue #5 (later updated for the Revised Core Rules and reissued for free).
Pinnacle Entertainment Group
- Contributor to The Last Parsec campaign world for the Savage Worlds Roleplaying Game.
- Pranac Pursuit, adventure for The Last Parsec. (designer/writer) (Released to Kickstarter backers as a stretch goal reward,)
- Lady Sabre and the Pirates of the Ineffable Aether, graphic novel. Cartography and deck plans and more for the Kickstarter edition(s).
- Alpha, novel. Cartography and layout for Wilsonville theme park. See my blog post for more information.
DungeonADay.com (Monte Cooke/Super Genius Games)
DungeonADay Kickstarter - Fane of the Sea God 3D Fly Thru Video
Cartographer (membership required):
- Dragon's Delve: Fane of Sea God areas
- Dragon's Delve: Level 18
- Dragon's Delve: Level 19
- Dragon's Delve: Level 20
- Night of the Starbird
- Temple of the Black Goat
Lone Wolf Development
Starwars.com (Lucas Online)
- Situation maps for the Battle of Turak IV article (Hyperspace members only).
The Game Mechanics
Black and white cartography or the d20 Modern Roleplaying Game:
West End Games
For the Star Wars Roleplaying Game (d6 Second Edition; Second Edition, Revised and Expanded)
- The Far Orbit Project (Cartographer/designer - Nebulon-B deckplans)
- Hideouts and Strongholds (Author, floor plan designer and cartographer)
- The Kathol Rift for the Darkstryder Campaign (Author - "Rogue Elements")
- Shadows of the Empire Planet Guide (Author - planet Rodia)
- Heroes & Rogues (contributor)
- Flashpoint! Brak Sector (author/designer)
Inquest Gamer #144 (Starship Battles fleet) and #145 (BC3 Star Wars Minis squad)
Scrye #95 Star Wars Miniatures scenario Get the Walker.
Polyhedron #83 Star Wars RPG adventure Milk Run
RPGA Network adventures
- Defection (Star Wars RPG)
- Milk Run (the RPGA's 1991 GenCon Star Wars RPG adventure)