I had a great time attending my first Star Wars Celebration. I met a lot of people I'd previously only had professional or online contact with, made many new acquaintances and ran into the occasional old friend. I took full advantage of the panels. I often skipped some of the major ones that I knew I'd see clips from online and went to some that wouldn't be seen elsewhere. Among the event related highlights (of which there were many):
- The Force.net party, which was a big success attended by many Star Wars celebrity guests (artists, authors, directors, creators, etc.) and fans.
- Briefly meeting Clone Wars Supervising Director Dave Filoni, and having him comment on the end of the RPG line.
- Panels covering Del Rey, Dark Horse, Essential Guides, Blueprints, Knight Errant, Atlas and Star Wars Insider.
- Panels with Ben Burtt (sound), ILM model makers, SW and TESB producer Gary Kurtz and Lucas Licensing.
- Writing panels with Troy Denning and Aaron Allston (I couldn't make the third).
- Continuity-heavy discussion panel with Dave Filoni and Pablo Hidalgo on the Clone Wars.
- Storytelling panel and Clone Wars Season 3 panel, both with Dave Filoni.
- Roaming the dealers hall, seeing the various sets and multitude of collectibles, toys, books and artists.
- And many other displays, events, etc.
It was a very fun show and a great time. I also managed to see the last half of the Main Event from one of the overflow rooms and...and...and....there was too much to do even in 4 days, though I covered a lot of it.
I'll be attending Star Wars Celebration this weekend. I'll be a guest at the theforce.net party with an increasing number of other Star Wars insiders, actors, artists, authors and fans. Beyond that, I'll likely be attending many events at the Behind the Scenes stage or wandering around the main dealer hall.