New Star Wars RPG info from FFG. New Star Wars The Rise of Skywalker images and behind the scenes video. Solo wins a music award.Read More
The rather inaccurately named DMs Day Sale at Dungeon Masters Guild and Drive Thru RPG is on, and runs thru March 11th (so, DMs Week). Most of my offerings are available at a discount. If you use the links below or on my Storefront page to purchase items, I get also a small affiliate credit. Thanks.
- DM Combat Tabs - Silver Best Seller
- Uncommoners (10 Backgrounds) - Copper Best Seller
- Drums in the Marsh DDEX1-7 Adventurers League Adventure - Platinum Best Seller
- Drums in the Marsh Map Pack
- Genesys RPG Core Rulebook - Platinum Best Seller
- The Last Parsec Pranac Pursuit adventure for Savage Worlds - Silver Best Seller
- Many of the D&D 4e products I worked on are also on sale. See my Storefront page for direct links.
As a side note, I just realized that The Game Mechanics pdfs are no longer available.
Roaming Chult is a collection of new items and resources for players and Dungeon Masters playing in Chult for Tomb of Annihilation campaigns or other jungle adventures.
- 100 New trinkets, inspiried by Chult, its people, and its adventursome visitors.
- 5 New backgrounds for PCs from Chult (great options for mid-campaign replacement characters).
- Chult Castaway
- Chult Dinosaur Racer
- Chult Merchant
- Chult Miner
- Chult Righteous Defender
- 9 New magic items of the trickster gods, with powers and hinderances reflecting each of their personailties and motives.
- 20 New magic items of the denizens of Chult.
- Expedition Log for tracking exploration progress and basic supplies through the jungles (or any campaign). Print and fill out at the table during the game. Also PDF form fillable. For DM or player use.
- Expedition Journal Pages for DM handouts or player journals and notes. One is ruled, the other features a grid for maps and sketches. Print and use at the table. Both are also PDF form fillable.
The PDF file has printer friendly pages, except for the Log and Journal Pages, which are full page color.
I'm pleased to announce that Pranac Pursuit, my adventure for The Last Parsec setting for the Savage Worlds roleplaying game is now available on Fantasy Grounds (The Virtual Tabletop for Pen and Paper Roleplaying Games). Pranac Pursuit joins four other Last Parsec titles already available on Fantasy Grounds. The adventure requires the Savage Worlds core rules and the Science Fiction Companion Setting rules (but not The Last Parsec core setting rules).
I converted the adventure to Fantasy Grounds myself. It includes all of the text, art, and maps originally provided in the PDF version, plus new tokens for the NPCs. Encounters are linked to the text, and the maps have pins linked to each encounter or other elements on the map. There are screenshots in the Fantasy Grounds catalog listing.
This is my second Fantasy Grounds conversion, the first being my D&D 5e Adventurers League adventure, Drums in the Marsh (Tyranny of Dragons story line). It is available on DMs Guild, where it recently achieved Platinum Best Seller status.
Fantasy Flight Games announced Ghosts of Dathomir, my latest adventure for Star Wars Force and Destiny RPG. I suspected this announcement would be coming soon, but you just never know exactly when with all of the moving parts in game production, approvals, shipping, and so on. Due to be released in first quarter of 2017.Read More
Over at the DMs Guild, I've updated my D&D Adventurers League adventure DDEX1-07 Drums in the Marsh (Tyranny of Dragons) to include complete files for use with the Fantasy Grounds 2 virtual tabletop. Since the VTT environment works better with more maps, I've included three new encounter maps and redrew the existing encounter map. The new maps are based on my sketches for some maps originally submitted with the adventure, but not included in the final version that was released. They aren't required to run the game, but they can help.
Thanks to Fantasy Grounds for the opportunity to create these files. It was easier than I expected once I got the hang of it. I plan to make use of this for some future DMs Guild works.
The pack includes:
- Separate DM and player versions.
- Print versions for use as handouts at the table.
- JPG files for use with virtual tabletop programs. (These maps are already integrated into the Fantasy Grounds version of the DDEX1-7 adventure file.) The maps include guides to aid in setting up grids in some VTT software. The VTT version of each map includes a players map without grids, a players map with grids, and a DMs map with notes and no grids.
- Note: Due to the large size of the encounter areas, this pack does not include files suitable for printing at 1" miniature scale.
The areas included are:
- Farm area map (new map).
- Twilight Marsh encounter areas (2 new maps).
- Redrawn final encounter map.
Fantasy Flight Games' Star Wars RPGs each focus on different aspects of the Star Wars universe. Now that all three are released - Edge of the Empire, Age of Rebellion, and Force and Destiny - and can be used together, it's perhaps easier to lose what makes each game unique. Here are some suggestions to keep various themes alive during game play.Read More
DM Combat Tabs is my new product now available at the Dungeon Masters Guild.
Track initiative, conditions, and more on any DM screen.
The kit includes 37 tab types:
- Player Character, Monster (2 types), NPC, Ally, Your Turn
- Blinded, Charmed, Deafened, Frightened, Grappled, Incapacitated, Invisible, Paralyzed, Petrified, Poisoned, Prone, Restrained, Stunned, Turned, Unconscious
- Death Save (Fail), Death Save (Success), Stable, Dead
- Concentration, Inspiration, Reaction Used, Ready Action, Other
- Lair Action Active, Legend Used, Recharge
- Advantage, Disadvantage, Spell Effect, Roll to End Effect
- "More Problems" tab extension for those unfortunate monsters suffering many effects at once.
Fill the PC and Monster tabs out by hand after printing, or use the PDF form fillable options before printing. Forms can be saved for reuse.
Customize tabs for your game. Do you want to track different conditions, spell effects, or other information not provided in the kit? Do you run the same adventure often and want to create tabs for the specific monsters used? Use the customizable tabs to add your own text to the front and/or back of the tabs. Add images to the front of the PC and Monster tabs.
5 fully customizable tab types:
- Player Character (Front and back: character name, class, level, race, faction, player Name. Front only: image. Back only: AC, HP, Passive Perception, Vision type and distance)
- Monster (2 types)/NPC/Ally, (Front and back: Name. Front only: Image. Back only: AC, HP, minimal notes)
- Condition tabs: Long and short.
Keep organized and find the right tab quickly during the game using one of two rack types:
DM Screen Tab Rack: This pair of racks hangs right on the DM's screen to minimize loss of table space. It works with the official standard D&D screens or most any other screen type.
Tabletop Tab Rack: A simpler rack folded into a sawtooth shape to hold the tabs. It sits on the table top.
Storage options: Assemble the included custom box to store the DM Screen Tab Racks with the tabs still in place. Other storage suggestions are also included.
Printing on cardstock is highly recommended, but thick or regular paper can be used. Cutting and folding is required to use the tabs and the racks. Assembly of the optional storage box requires glue or tape.
Formatted for US letter sized paper.
Uncommoners is a collection of 10 new backgrounds for characters starting their adventuring careers from commoner roles and unusual jobs. These backgrounds are suitable for most characters, particularly those starting in villages, settlements, or cities. Some characters may continue to use their backgrounds while adventuring, while others have moved on to greater things.
Uncommoners includes the following backgrounds, complete with features, personality traits, ideals, bonds, and flaws.
Master Builder (Apprentice Builder)
- It is selling earlier Adventurers League adventures.
- People may create new D&D content referencing official books, though it must be for Forgotten Realms or setting agnostic.
- Wizards splits the sales with the author for both the author's new works and Adventurers league adventures.
- The system runs through OneBookShelf / DriveThru RPG / DND Classics / RPG Now, so people with one of the various DriveThru sites already have an account they can use.
The new open gaming license SDK is also now available, and there are differences between publishing thru the GMs Guild and on your own using the license.
I have additional content I hope to post soon (the site went live a bit earlier than I expected).