May the 4th be with you!
Sorry for the late post today. When I realized yesterday that there would be a lot of Star Wars related activity today, the mostly unofficial Star Wars day, I decided to hold off at least until after the countdown clock on starwars.com expired, in case it was important. By then, of course, I was at work and ended up working late, so I'm just now getting to this.
As my friends and family know well, I like puns. You'd think I would be a fan of a something like the title of this day. Sorry, but this one just never clicked with me. Apparently the fun continues tomorrow with the Revenge of the 5th. I do find the combination of jokes funnier than either individually, for whatever reason.
Anyway, there was a lot of Star Wars around the web, at least. Here's a quick roundup of some of the better stuff, for those who missed it:
- The starwars.com countdown site was, in fact, a big promo for the blu-ray release. It takes awhile to load. They had a deal where the more people who looked at the site, the more that was revealed, but it's at 100% now.
- You can find more blu-ray details here.
- There is this contest from DK promoting the Attack of the Authors tour.
- The old "replace a word with pants" joke reappeared on twitter #replaceawordinastarwarslinewithpants
- More twitter amusments: #Maythe4thbewithyou #happystarwarsday
- A chance to win the book Star Wars vs Star Trek by Matt Forbeck.
- Dork Tower comic celebrates Star Wars Day.
- Dark Horse Comics Crimson Empire III preview release.
- Wired looks at Han shooting second.