The Clone Wars is making a huge comeback these days - on the screen and on the tabletop.Read More
Fantasy Flight Games announced the latest Era sourcebook for the Star Wars RPGs: Rise of the Separatists. It brings the Clone Wars and specifically The Clone Wars animated series to the RPG, and can be used with any or all of the existing core rulebooks. I worked on the product. It features, for the first time, the Jedi career, as well as clone specific careers. As usual, it also features four new species, and other era specific resources.
It's August, and time for Gen Con once again. This year saw some new Star Wars game announcements, mainly minis products.Read More
I was invited to appear on the new Pawn and Pint podcast series Board at Work. Pawn and Pint is a game pub in downtown Kansas City, Missouri. They have a gigantic wall of board games and many RPG events.
Board at Work by Pawn and Pint: EP 003 Talking Star Wars with writer and game designer Sterling Hershey - Donald the DM and I discuss the span of my career as a writer and game designer for the Star Wars role-playing games. And some other bits.
These two subjects aren't related, other than they both occur this week...Read More
Kantcon is coming up in July, and I'll be running a new Star Wars RPG adventure, and a panel/workshop. The adventure is definitely going to be Solo deep dive of sorts....Kessel Breakout. The panel/workshop will build on some of the items I discussed at my GamerNation Con panel earlier this year, but more organized and focused more on process.Read More
Solo released last week, and I had a great time watching it. There is room for all kinds of stories within the Star Wars universe, and this one is a more focused story on characters than obvious galaxy-spanning events. Go see it if you somehow haven't yet. Spoilers ahead.Read More
Star Wars Day at the K actually fell on Star Wars Day this year, and a Friday at that, so it became Star Wars Nite at the K. Yes, last week was busy, so I'm a week late...Read More
At GN Con, someone asked me a question about a creature I used in Star Wars Edge of the Empire Beyond the Rim. It took me off guard, so I've gone back to look at it, and here's the follow up on the answer...Read More
Thanks to deadlines, work travel, and more, I've been remiss in posting these past few weeks. This lasted right up until last week when I was on my way to GamerNation Con 5, The Order of the Gamers (with a Harry Potter theme). I was the Guest of Honor this year, and it was a great time. Lots of Star Wars RPGs were played, and much more.Read More
This week featured the much anticipated end to Star Wars Rebels. It would finally answer some of the most pressing questions since the series began...to a point. Spoilers ahead.
The rather inaccurately named DMs Day Sale at Dungeon Masters Guild and Drive Thru RPG is on, and runs thru March 11th (so, DMs Week). Most of my offerings are available at a discount. If you use the links below or on my Storefront page to purchase items, I get also a small affiliate credit. Thanks.
- DM Combat Tabs - Silver Best Seller
- Uncommoners (10 Backgrounds) - Copper Best Seller
- Drums in the Marsh DDEX1-7 Adventurers League Adventure - Platinum Best Seller
- Drums in the Marsh Map Pack
- Genesys RPG Core Rulebook - Platinum Best Seller
- The Last Parsec Pranac Pursuit adventure for Savage Worlds - Silver Best Seller
- Many of the D&D 4e products I worked on are also on sale. See my Storefront page for direct links.
As a side note, I just realized that The Game Mechanics pdfs are no longer available.
New book release soon! Planet Comicon one day only! OMG Rebels! (no spoilers).Read More
Since I keep watching the Solo trailer released this week, I'd say it has my attention...Read More
When working on my own game and other projects, I periodically need photos or other resources for reference or other uses. Some might find them useful for their home Star Wars or other RPG game sessions.Read More
With the new year, some new Star Wars game previews have appeared in the past few days...Read More
With the holidays and various things happening, I didn't do my somewhat regular end of the year post...or any other posts. Time to catch up.
And, just in case even though its been a few weeks, warning: spoilers ahead.Read More
Roaming Chult is a collection of new items and resources for players and Dungeon Masters playing in Chult for Tomb of Annihilation campaigns or other jungle adventures.
- 100 New trinkets, inspiried by Chult, its people, and its adventursome visitors.
- 5 New backgrounds for PCs from Chult (great options for mid-campaign replacement characters).
- Chult Castaway
- Chult Dinosaur Racer
- Chult Merchant
- Chult Miner
- Chult Righteous Defender
- 9 New magic items of the trickster gods, with powers and hinderances reflecting each of their personailties and motives.
- 20 New magic items of the denizens of Chult.
- Expedition Log for tracking exploration progress and basic supplies through the jungles (or any campaign). Print and fill out at the table during the game. Also PDF form fillable. For DM or player use.
- Expedition Journal Pages for DM handouts or player journals and notes. One is ruled, the other features a grid for maps and sketches. Print and use at the table. Both are also PDF form fillable.
The PDF file has printer friendly pages, except for the Log and Journal Pages, which are full page color.
There's only one thing to talk about this week, and it's The Last Jedi....which of course won't release until Thursday evening. I'm still avoiding spoilers reasonably successfully, so here are a couple of other recent Star Wars things to watch while you're waiting...one with the cast of Rebels.Read More